Cvs Pharmacy - CVS pharmacist lies and causes me problems

I regularly take a prescription drug which, for the past year, has been in a shortage nationwide. The fda has it on its list of drugs for which there is a shortage. But some pharmacies have some of the drug.

When you get your prescription for the drug you have to phone around to as many pharmacies as you can and ask them if they have any in stock.

The CVS pharmacy where I managed to find some the last 3 times I was able to fill it was one that I called this time. The pharmacist there said, "I won't tell you on the telephone whether I have the drug in stock or not" I said, "But I'd have to drive over two hours to ask you in person, and if you didn't have any, it would have been a terrible waste of my time and money". She said, "Too bad. That's a CVS policy" what she didn't realize that I had just called 15 other CVS's and they were all too happy to check their inventory for me on the phone. I am upset because I need to get this filled, and I can't help but think that she probably DOES have it in stock, otherwise why wouldn't she have just said, "NO I dont' have any" ? This person is playing some kind of power game and I'm absolutely furious about it.

Her name is Elizabeth Odu, she's 26 years old and works at the CVS in Eustus, FL.

More Review Details

Helpful? 37 Yes 37 42 No 42
Had the same issue 28 Yes 28
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 19 #1021579

Appreciate your honesty

James

Aug 19 #1021577 Southampton, Pennsylvania

I just had an experience similar to this. When given the run around about CVS policy includes, "they cannot call another pharmacy to check stock on my behalf". Their reasoning was because they cannot share information if the meds are narcotics, adderall in this instance. I called the next closest CVS while standing face to face with the Pharmacy Tech and Pharmacist. Bottom line, the Pharmacist I spoke with provided the information i needed in order to drive there, or avoid wasting more time searching for this over prescribed medication. Without a formal policy, how do these healthcare workers get away with being blatently untruthful to legitimate, paying customers? Something needs to be done regarding the many holes in communication system amongst the FDA-Insurance-Pharmacy-Patient relationship. They should NOT be able to have a pass to LIE to patients in need of routine medication therapy.

Jul 27 #1012466

I also, called 8 different pharmacies and very single pharmacy had no problem telling me what brand of Percocet they carried, except for CVS. The Amneal brand made me so sick and I can only fill my prescription during my short lunch break, so I needed to know what brand they carried to prevent wasting time riding out if they too carried the Amneal brand. There is no reason they can't tell me what brands they carry over the phone. I was in a horrible accident and am prescribed pain medication because I shattered bones in both legs and am just now beginning to walk again. Not everyone who asks for pain medication is just trying to take it for no reason. When someone is calling about a medication, it is because they NEED it and life is unbearable without something to help with pain relief. I understand not filling it, but to not talk about the brands over the phone, but want me to drive 30 minutes out to have a brief conversation about what brand they carry is ridiculous. CVS is by far, the least helpful pharmacists I have ever talked to. They should be more helpful to help make life a little easier for people who actually are in pain and NEED the medication to survive.

Jul 17 #1008900

I work as a pharmacy technician at CVS and you say you called 15 other CVS and they were all happy to help, well let me guess they all said no that they didn't have it in stock or not enough in stock, right? Well I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that is the standard answer they give to all customers who call asking that questions. Even if they do have it in stock they will lie and say no. There was a similar situation at work today and I told her honestly that we couldn't give that info out over the phone. The other pharmacies were just lying to you to avoid a fight with you.

Feb 10 #943882 Paoli, Pennsylvania

I just got back from dental surgery with an RX for Percocet. I sent my husband to the same CVS I got my antibiotics from two days ago. This is the same CVS that has never (in the 15 years I have been going there) been "out of stock" on any of the narcotics I have picked up for my elderly mother. Suddenly they say they don't have percocet and they refuse to tell him what store does.
The numbness is wearing off, it is rush hour, every pharmacy has a 20m minimum wait just to talk to someone about this, and now he has to come back to get my insurance card so he can play musical pharmacies until he finds one that will fill it. If he looked like a junkie before, imagine how bad it looks now? CVS just lost 3 customers.
Regarding the safety argument, no one is asking you for a detailed inventory report. We are asking if you can fill a prescription or not. The attitude from pharmicists on this thread is shameful. If I were a junkie I would assume all pharmacies have drugs - really, that's why you exist, not to judge people and deny them medications.

4 1 Reply

Jul 22 #1010835

as a safety issue pharmacist will always till you they don't have it. because of the bad people out there a person can call the pharmacy and ask if they have pain meds in stock and if they say yes, they might be robbed. so please don't blame the pharmacist. its a matter of life or death for them. my tech and i have been on the opposite side of the gun and its not beauty. having said that i think if you are a regular patient and there is a legit reason for pain medication then you should speak to your md and have the md call the pharmacy to very the mediation or ask the md where to go..... but you can not and should not call any pharmacy for pain meds bc you will always get the same answer, "sorry no"

Oct 31, 2014 #893372

Simple answer. If you're 1 day early they are out of stock. They are simply checking the computer to see if you are early and then lying to your face.

Oct 16, 2014 #885324

To tell you the truth, most pharmacies don't give out their narcotic inventory information over the phone. They just say they don't have it because they don't know you and can't verify that the prescription is legit without seeing it in person. You might have better luck if you fax your prescription over just so that the pharmacist can check the prescription and make sure everything is good then they will probably feel more comfortable checking stock for you. Don't forget to bring the hardcopy to the pharmacy when you come to fill it though. Just an idea.

JerseyGirl

Aug 27, 2014 #862330 Hamilton Square, New Jersey

Just went to the CVS that fills all our Rx.s. I had a script from my DR, but they did not have what I needed in stock. I asked if they could call the other CVS right down the road, and they said no, that state law (NJ) prohibits that. WTF?!? I understand if I called, but from one CVS to another cant be done? I think it was BS. Does anyone know if there really is a law, or were they just too lazy to do make the call?

1 0 Reply

Oct 16, 2014 #885326

I don't know NJ law, but honestly, even between CVS to CVS. they will not give out their narcotic inventory information over the phone. It's just a waste of time and they are putting up a show if they do call. The other pharmacy is going to say no, we don't have it in stock without even checking it unless the employees from two different pharmacies are buddy buddy and they know each other personally.

pissed off victim

Dec 22, 2014 #919812

I can't count how many times I've asked if they can tell me who has my oxycodone 10, s or 15, s in stock and they always tell me they're not allowed to tell me, and that other responder is right if your trying to fill your script early, first they lie to you and say "let me see if there in stock," like they don't know after filling them all day, and they're actually going to the data base to see your recent history and if your one day early they'll tell you they don't have any in stock, I miss the days when you brought a script to the pharmacist and they filled, not embarrassing you and making you feel like a criminal!

Pissed

May 23, 2014 #818699

This article is so accurate. Welcome to the amphetamine prescription drug game. They are always going to be unwilling to fill it cause it's more work, they have to ping the Rx junkie database etc.

Tommy Belesis

Apr 12, 2014 #804518 Manhattan, New York

short CVS STOCK NOW ALL OF YOU ,, LETS RUN THAT *** ORGANZIATION IN TO THE GROUND<>>> UNTIL THEIR COMPANY IS BANKRUPT AND OUT OF COMMISSION>..

baRACK OBAMA

Apr 12, 2014 #804515 Washington, District Of Columbia

JESUS CHRIST CVS IS A WRETCHED RIDICULOUS PHARMACY , THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHARMACIES TECHS ON THE FACE OF THE GOD DAMMN PLANET, NOT ONLY DO THEY TREAT LIKE A UNWELCOME ANIMALISTIC UN-HUMANE HUMAN BEING, THEY ACT IN UNPROFESSINAL DEROGTORY MEANS, THEY LIE, AND ARE INCREDIBLELY HARD TO DEAL WITH. DO NOT GO THERE, I HOPE CVS IS BANKRUPT AND OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO, GOD FORBID YOU HAVE AN ADDERALL SCRIPT AND YOU BRING IT THERE, YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE DOG, AUTHORTATIVE AGRERSSIVE MANOR IS USED BY THESE UNEDUACTED PILL COUNTERS *** *** IDIOTS THEY ARE! *** CVS TO ***, I RECOMEND WAL GREENS OR DUANE READS, THEY GO NO TROUBLE AND MAKE YOU WELCOME AND ARE SUCH KIND HEARTED INDIDIVUALS I HOPE THEY ALL RECEIVE A RAISE. CVS IS CONSISTENTLY OUT OF STOCK AND IF FOR GOD *** SAKES YOU ARE ONE DAY EARLY WITH A SCRIPT THEY TELL YOU WE CAN'T FILLL IT YOUR TOO EARLY KILL YOUR SELF IS WHAT REALLY COME AS SAYING TO YOU, *** CVS TO DEATH, SHORT THAT STOCK , CLOSE THAT *** *** CIOMPANY AMEN

Oct 16, 2014 #885327

Honestly, filling narcotics early is against the law. They have every right to refuse your prescription if it's brought early to the pharmacy.
As to being derogative, that is a problem.

Apr 30 #978609

Honestly, you can fill C2 medications up to three days early.

0 1 Reply

Mar 26, 2014 #799025 Litchfield Park, Arizona

Im sorry but its not their responsibility to give you inventory on controlled medications, sorry for your troubles but just go to another pharmacy.

3 5 Reply
People are so dumb

Jan 21, 2014 #776335 Okinawa, Okinawa

Some will, some won't. None have to. It is a safety issue. I would not tell someone over the phone if I have narcotics on hand if I worked in a pharmacy. It is asking to be robbed or worse.

2 3 Reply
Jk

Jan 21, 2014 #776095

I also encountered a similar experience with CVS. I also called over 10 CVS pharmacies to see if they had my prescription in stick because a lot if them said it was on back order. In the ten phone calls all staff at each pharmacy was willing to answer my question about their stock. However, the eleventh CVS that I called, the lady answering the phone in the pharmacy asked "what is the name of the prescription - like all the others asked - when I disclosed it was for a painkiller she immediately said "I can't give that information on the phone" I preceded to say that all other pharmacies answered my question. She denied the information and said you will have to drive here to figure that out. It was also over an hour drive away! I got there and the answer was no! Unbelievable! I said rather loudly you couldn't just say no to save me the time and gas? I suffer from several painful conditions- I'm so pissed that addicts ruin it for people who really have justifiable causes for the medication. It's awful the way I get treated - I didn't ask for these painful diagnosis! I struggle everyday and wish I could just be pain free. I have no doubt one day these ignorant *** offs will suffer from an ailment n hope they are treated as badly as they treat others. Charmas a *** *** offs!

Mar 26, 2014 #799026 Litchfield Park, Arizona

Its not thr addicts who are to blame, its politicians and anyone else who has decided they know what is best for others.I think its peoples expectations that are wrong.

2 2 Reply

1-20 of 68 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cvs Pharmacy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cvs Pharmacy.
Filing a new complaint about