CVS Pharmacy - CVS pharmacist lies and causes me problems

May 12, 2012
review #318003

I regularly take a prescription drug which, for the past year, has been in a shortage nationwide. The fda has it on its list of drugs for which there is a shortage. But some pharmacies have some of the drug.

When you get your prescription for the drug you have to phone around to as many pharmacies as you can and ask them if they have any in stock.

The CVS pharmacy where I managed to find some the last 3 times I was able to fill it was one that I called this time. The pharmacist there said, "I won't tell you on the telephone whether I have the drug in stock or not" I said, "But I'd have to drive over two hours to ask you in person, and if you didn't have any, it would have been a terrible waste of my time and money". She said, "Too bad. That's a CVS policy" what she didn't realize that I had just called 15 other CVS's and they were all too happy to check their inventory for me on the phone. I am upset because I need to get this filled, and I can't help but think that she probably DOES have it in stock, otherwise why wouldn't she have just said, "NO I dont' have any" ? This person is playing some kind of power game and I'm absolutely furious about it.

Her name is Elizabeth Odu, she's 26 years old and works at the CVS in Eustus, FL.

9cc583b
Had an experience with CVS Pharmacy?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
JerseyGirl

Aug 27 Hamilton Square, New Jersey

Just went to the CVS that fills all our Rx.s. I had a script from my DR, but they did not have what I needed in stock. I asked if they could call the other CVS right down the road, and they said no, that state law (NJ) prohibits that. WTF?!? I understand if I called, but from one CVS to another cant be done? I think it was BS. Does anyone know if there really is a law, or were they just too lazy to do make the call?

Pissed

May 23

This article is so accurate. Welcome to the amphetamine prescription drug game. They are always going to be unwilling to fill it cause it's more work, they have to ping the Rx junkie database etc.

Tommy Belesis

Apr 12 Manhattan, New York

short CVS STOCK NOW ALL OF YOU ,, LETS RUN THAT *** ORGANZIATION IN TO THE GROUND<>>> UNTIL THEIR COMPANY IS BANKRUPT AND OUT OF COMMISSION>..

baRACK OBAMA

Apr 12 Washington, District Of Columbia

JESUS CHRIST CVS IS A WRETCHED RIDICULOUS PHARMACY , THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHARMACIES TECHS ON THE FACE OF THE GOD DAMMN PLANET, NOT ONLY DO THEY TREAT LIKE A UNWELCOME ANIMALISTIC UN-HUMANE HUMAN BEING, THEY ACT IN UNPROFESSINAL DEROGTORY MEANS, THEY LIE, AND ARE INCREDIBLELY HARD TO DEAL WITH. DO NOT GO THERE, I HOPE CVS IS BANKRUPT AND OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO, GOD FORBID YOU HAVE AN ADDERALL SCRIPT AND YOU BRING IT THERE, YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE DOG, AUTHORTATIVE AGRERSSIVE MANOR IS USED BY THESE UNEDUACTED PILL COUNTERS *** *** IDIOTS THEY ARE! *** CVS TO ***, I RECOMEND WAL GREENS OR DUANE READS, THEY GO NO TROUBLE AND MAKE YOU WELCOME AND ARE SUCH KIND HEARTED INDIDIVUALS I HOPE THEY ALL RECEIVE A RAISE. CVS IS CONSISTENTLY OUT OF STOCK AND IF FOR GOD *** SAKES YOU ARE ONE DAY EARLY WITH A SCRIPT THEY TELL YOU WE CAN'T FILLL IT YOUR TOO EARLY KILL YOUR SELF IS WHAT REALLY COME AS SAYING TO YOU, *** CVS TO DEATH, SHORT THAT STOCK , CLOSE THAT *** *** CIOMPANY AMEN

Mar 26 Litchfield Park, Arizona

Im sorry but its not their responsibility to give you inventory on controlled medications, sorry for your troubles but just go to another pharmacy.

1 2 Reply
People are so dumb

Jan 21 Okinawa, Okinawa

Some will, some won't. None have to. It is a safety issue. I would not tell someone over the phone if I have narcotics on hand if I worked in a pharmacy. It is asking to be robbed or worse.

1 2 Reply
Jk

Jan 21

I also encountered a similar experience with CVS. I also called over 10 CVS pharmacies to see if they had my prescription in stick because a lot if them said it was on back order. In the ten phone calls all staff at each pharmacy was willing to answer my question about their stock. However, the eleventh CVS that I called, the lady answering the phone in the pharmacy asked "what is the name of the prescription - like all the others asked - when I disclosed it was for a painkiller she immediately said "I can't give that information on the phone" I preceded to say that all other pharmacies answered my question. She denied the information and said you will have to drive here to figure that out. It was also over an hour drive away! I got there and the answer was no! Unbelievable! I said rather loudly you couldn't just say no to save me the time and gas? I suffer from several painful conditions- I'm so pissed that addicts ruin it for people who really have justifiable causes for the medication. It's awful the way I get treated - I didn't ask for these painful diagnosis! I struggle everyday and wish I could just be pain free. I have no doubt one day these ignorant *** offs will suffer from an ailment n hope they are treated as badly as they treat others. Charmas a *** *** offs!

Mar 26 Litchfield Park, Arizona

Its not thr addicts who are to blame, its politicians and anyone else who has decided they know what is best for others.I think its peoples expectations that are wrong.

Jul 02, 2013 New Orleans, Louisiana

I work for CVS in a high crime area. We don't disclose information like that (for narcotics) over the phone because we don't want to get robbed. It really is policy.

1 0 Reply
annoied

Jan 26, 2013

I'm having the same issue, and stumbled across this post. I would be more than happy to volunteer my previous 8 years of RX history and whatever other identifying information so they could look and see that I'm just asking if they have the same prescription that I get every month. There has to be a better way of managing customers than this. Why can't local CVS stores check for inventories nearby? :sigh

Jan 26, 2013 Naples, Florida

If you had bothered to read the replies you would see that there are not many pharmacies that will tell you wheat their inventory is. Doctors call us all the time asking if we have this narcotic or that one, we always say NO.

If you need a medication that is not a controlled substance we are happy to call around for you, and we do regularly. But we are not going to call for something we know no one will disclose to us. For good reason.

tiredofdrivingaround

Feb 15, 2013 Lawrenceville, Georgia

I am intrigued by this answer. I have called every single month since I was first given vyvanse as a prescription and every pharmacy I have called including CVS and Walgreens has been able to say yes or no if they have it in stock or not. I have had someone even tell me the exact amount of pills they have in stock. Then all of a sudden, one CVS says, sorry can't tell you that over the phone because we are a 24 hour location...so tell me this. Who is the location that will get into trouble? I don't understand how each 24 hour store does something different? I get the reason why they apparently are not allowed to share this info (even though many still do)...however, if a junkie is going to hold up a CVS to get meds...they are probably not clear headed enough to call in advance they would just do it. If they are functioning well enough to call ahead I doubt they are a junkie. Also, telling someone you can't give out that info to me means they have it and would most likely not deter a junkie from coming in and doing something drastic. That is all. :sigh

Feb 15, 2013 Naples, Florida

What it boils down to is which location is willing to take a chance with their safety and which are not. Giving you information like that is a pharmacists call. Some will, most won't. NOT a single one has to, and all should not.

1 0
also-pissed-off

May 14, 2013 Boca Raton, Florida

Ladyscot should be working in the sanitation department. He or she should learn some customer skills... or better yet, quit his job. There is no reason why the parmacist cannot reply to a common question... "Do you have in stock my pain medicine". I hope he, she, "Bothered to read this post"...as he she said, "For good reason"

CVS Walgreens got caught selling masive quantities, (bulk) pain pills from their distribution centers; to make big bucks.

May 14, 2013 Naples, Florida

How about you get certified and registered and go to work in a pharmacy. Then when someone asks how many Roxies you have, you can tell them. Then when they come stick a gun in your face, you can clean up your own pooh.

Like I said, there is a very good reason why most will not disclose their controls over the phone.

1 2

Mar 26 Litchfield Park, Arizona

Customer service is also about being honest, and fare, and keeping people safe. We are not doing anyone a favor telling someone we have a medication in stock considering the demand for the medication it could easily be sold to another party while they were comming to the store. Without working at a pharmacy your just sounding silly.. Customer Service is not just about saying yes its about setting expectations that CAN be met.

1 2
tired

Dec 23, 2012 Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

why do u neg ppl care what ppl r taking?? there r very sick ppl out here thats been on these meds for years by the advice of their trustworthy doctors!! now all of a sudden u cannot get ur oxycotin filled? iam 62 yrs old & never felt so belittled in my life as cvs treated me like a junkie plus iam retired from the us government.just fill the damm scripts those kids wanna kill themselves ...their choice!! believe me cvs ur not helping them thinking u just saved a life! crime rate is rising all over & i wonder why

Dec 11, 2012

Some medications, like narcotics and controls we absolutely will not tell you over the phone if we have them. If you come in and ask, and trust me, we can tell if you are a tweaker, we will not tell you. Use your common sense to figure out why we will not tell you if we carry these drugs.

Honestly, we could care less how far you live from the pharmacy. What we do care about is not having some druggie come in and shoot us for those drugs.

1 3 Reply
Nucleardystopia

Dec 07, 2012 Columbus, Ohio

When you are the pharmacist this is going to be held at gun point because she made the mistake of letting someone on the phone know they have controlled substances in stock then you can be mad about this. It is against CVS policy to do so. Complain to the ones who do that they are putting their pharmacy in danger.

justin

Dec 05, 2012

i just called cvs to see if they carried dexadrine how much it would cost. i dont want dr. to perscribe me somthing i cant afford or isnt readaly available. I take vyvanse which is long acting dexadrine but my day starts so early it wears off. im just trying to f igure out what to do because when it wears off i don't feel like doing anything and i have to watch two kids till 8;30 at night i just want to sleep.He was rude and said no we dont carry that and went on to tell me how over prescribed those meds are. i didnt ask that i need these meds ive been on every anti deppressant and think they do more harm than good i didnt even go to dr looking for add meds after talking a while and telling how i felt he gave me a test and i deffinatly have it. i already knew when i was a kid i was on all the meds including dexadrine and it worked better than ritalin and adderall less side effects and didn't feel like i was on somthing. it isnt just cvs its almost all pharmacies im 32 and i guess they think add is only a childhood thing. since ive been on vyvanse my anxiety and depression have been alot better im just trying to get the right dose for the best results. these pharmacists are miserable and need to be a little more understanding that not everyone that is on add meds is trying to get good grades for me it levels me out i still have to work at concetrating and they dont speed me up i can sleep. they got to be careful they could discourage some one from taking a med that... Show more

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 53 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about CVS Pharmacy.
Filing a new complaint about
×