Verified Reviewer

What you see on the CVS Photo Website isn't what you get in the store. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I spent hours creating a calendar.

I thought it was pretty convenient that CVS offered "Same Day Pick Up" for the calendar.

When I picked it up at the store, I was shocked. It wasn't what was pictured on the Website. To my surprise, the calendar lacked the pictured and described spiral binding that holds the pages together and lets you hang the calendar. The cashier at the store explained that when you choose the "Same Day Pick Up" option, the calendar isn't bound.

Hmmm . . . so, what, pray tell, am I supposed to do with 12 loose 8x10 calendar pages?

This was the cashier's explanation: "Same Day Pick Up" products ordered from the Website are made on the photo kiosk at the local CVS where pick up is scheduled.

It seems that products generated by that kiosk might have a different design from what is pictured at the CVS Website. In order to get the same product design that I saw on the Website, I would need to have the calendar shipped to my house and, of course, pay for shipping. If the wire binding is important -- duh, it is! -- I can't do "Same Day Pick Up" for convenience and to save delivery charges.

Is this true, or was the cashier "hosing" me because she doesn't know how to assemble a calendar and couldn't take time to figure it out.

If this is really the explanation, then why isn't it mentioned at Web checkout or on the product's Webpage? It's misleading!

I got my money refunded. However, it's a waste of time carefully designing a calendar, only to have it printed by someone who clearly doesn't understand the concept of a wall calendar!

A couple days after all of this happened, CVS sent me a survey asking about my recent customer experience. Of course, I explained my disappointment and frustration with their photo services.

After submitting the survey, I got an e-mail from the Store Manager saying that she "deeply regret[s] that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the Christmas calendars." She went on to say, "I would like to personally invite you to let me know how we are doing. Please respond directly to this email with the best date, time, and phone number to reach you or feel free to contact me at the number below at your convenience."

So, I replied to the Store Manager's e-mail with my phone number and the best date and time to contact me. Guess what? The e-mail bounced!

Then, I called the store and left a message for the Store Manager, reminding her about her e-mail and briefly describing why I gave the store negative feedback in the survey.

I left my name, phone number, and the best time to call. Four days have passed and not a word from the Store Manager.

Based on this experience, it is clear to me that customer satisfaction is low priority at this CVS store.

User's recommendation: Need photo services? Go elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cvs Pharmacy Photo Service.

Preferred solution: I would like the truth about "Same Day Pick Up" products. If their design really varies from what is pictured and described at the CVS Website, then this needs to be mentioned on the product's Webpage or during Web checkout. .

CVS Pharmacy Pros: Close to my house.

CVS Pharmacy Cons: Photo product not as pictured and described on website.

Comments