Cvs Pharmacy - CVS is horrible to employees

815 of 1154 Cvs Pharmacy reviews

CVS will cut employee hours and expects 1 person to do the job of 3 people but then the company gets upset when their Triple S score goes down.The company only cares for themselves not the employees.

I worked there for 3 years never called out & always showed up to work on time. I decided to quit and gave the company a 1 month notice trying to give them enough time to find a replacement. Eight months later after quitting I received 2 old checks which should have been given to me. Both issue dates on the checks were written at later dates after leaving the company so I had no way of knowing I was receiving 2 more checks.

That just shows you how much the store managers are cleaning out the pay stubs and checks out of the safe. They could have at least given me a call to tell me I had checks I would have went and picked them up. I am still trying to get my 2 checks re-issued and have now learned it's all of CVS that sucks.

People working payroll and HR keep giving me the run around on my checks.I wouldn't recommend working for CVS they are absolutely horrible to their employees!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 246 Yes 246 113 No 113
Had the same issue 330 Yes 330
815 of 1154 Cvs Pharmacy reviews

Feb 13 #1286364 Santa Rosa, California, United States

Employee: Denise at the Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa California store.
I have shopped at this store for many years. Every time I walk in the door, Denise greets me and my family with a friendly Hello.
This makes for a pleasant shopping experence. It is nice to have a neighborhood store where employees care about their customers.
Diane Ballard and Cheryl Neuberger

Oct 29, 2016 #1233642 Bronx, New York, United States

I currently work for CVS as a cashier and it is torture. Even though I only work part time, I get *** hours and pay. I have absolutely no help from my coworkers. I always have to the job of three people. When I call for help, my managers & coworkers get frustrated with me. I'm quitting soon once I start this other job because I can't take it no more! Please anyone that sees this don't work for CVS. They're even worst than Walmart!

3 0 Reply

Sep 22, 2016 #1217060

Tell me something I don't know!

1 0 Reply

Aug 08, 2016 #1196284 Danville, California, United States

Oh, the stories cvs employees could tell! Reading through several of these posts, the stories could have been from the cvs I worked at. Mgrs who belittle employees in public, hours cut for front-of-store employees (but not for mgrs or dist employees!) in order to "balance cvs payroll", harassment of employees ...unless you are one of the newly hired friends of the mgr. Then you get all kinds of perks and raises. There are so many reasons cvs deserves to be investigated by the labor board...and become unionized! I've left to save my sanity. But those who still work at cvs should QUICKLY call the union and bring the union into that workplace. It is the only way employees will ever treated better. So far cvs only has the goal of Increased Profits ("to enhance shareholder value") for those on Executive Row. A couple years ago Larry Melo, the CEO of cvs made over $307MILLION for the YEAR... Notice I did not say "earned". Cvs makes it money by buying established companies and buying market share. With a ceo that makes well over $300MILLION per year, you'd think the company would be able to at least offer a sane medical plan for employees. Nope... the price increases each year are horrid. I left when I was paying incredibly high amounts for insurance with a $1500 deductable - for one person. As a cashier, I just didn't earn enough money to be able to afford to see a doctor! And yes.... my paycheck was routinely "Short".

Jul 29, 2016 #1191916 Miami, Florida, United States

In my second time going to shop at a cvs pharmacy, i've seen a old woman costumer been ignored by a joung girl who was working there as a clerk, the mrs got upset and was trying to call the cvs manager, who never came up, so bad average for the second time, or not?

Apr 15, 2016 #1145118

CVS Pharmacy is horrible to everyone, including customers.
Recently, despite being a fairly regular customer, in two different CVS locations, LP found it necessary to tail me throughout the store. I also witnessed a CVS manager follow a woman out of the store and request to look inside her bag.
This is not the way to treat customers. It is, however, a great way to discourage customers from returning to the store and shopping elsewhere.

1 0 Reply

Mar 30, 2016 #1136585

CVS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH SIDE

2 0 Reply

Mar 30, 2016 #1136579 Houston, Texas, United States

I agree I've been with cvs for 10 years & not only do they treat thier employees like *** but the managers that think all they have to do is sit in the office & (work) are the worst

2 0 Reply
sick of pulling teeth

Feb 12, 2016 #1110720 Exeter, New Hampshire, United States

I left CVS and it is like pulling teeth to get my last paycheck that I worked for. In my opinion it is the worst company I have ever worked for and would never recommend it to even my worst enemy. In my opinion its all about the big shots that don't give a rats *** about the little man on the totem pole that makes them rich. no check,then calls will be made to the board of labor.

Overworked and Underpaid

Feb 02, 2016 #1105211 California, United States

If you work in California, It is even worse because everyone is friends with everyone and management is horrible, actually they are a bunch of idiots. They never give you a full lunch and breaks are never allowed and the labor board needs to investigate this whole company.

Jan 18, 2016 #1096862

as a former employee also, I agree 110%. they play favorites, hire men at higher wages and friends being brought in are definitely the top of earnings. And yes don't try to get any help on matters from any other store mgr. because they are all afraid of CZ the DM they will lie and say anything he wants them to say. and as for Corp. or HR (as they refer to them) they are useless. Insurance is a run around cant get anything done correctly. Everything worked out great for me I feel sorry for those still and yet to be employed by them.

Jan 11, 2016 #1092879

I worked for this company for 4 years. Always came in with a smile on my face, positive attitude and was always willing to do whatever neccesary to complete any task delegated to myself. Whether that be load, quick picks, pre order scans, out-dates, etc. living in California as a shift supervisor I was paid a total of 12$ over a 4 year period. 15 cents more than a cashier.... Yet as managers we have to open/close the store, perform payroll management, cash-deposits. Etc.. They have high expectations, yet they don't compensate you for the hours needed in order to properly run the store. It's disgusting that they're able to get away with this. Yea it may be easy to say just quit if it's that bad, but some people have to much pride for themselves & rather uncomfortable quitting while not having any back up plans in mind. Essentially a lot of us our stuck unless we either quit or are terminated.

14 1 Reply

Jan 09, 2016 #1091488

Bottom line cvs sucks. Dont work there, dont shop there. Keep reporting their abuse to employees, how they rip off and steal from customers etc...
There is more to life than working for a disgusting, unethical company.
The more people complain and stop working and shopping at cvs, the better of USA will be

12 2 Reply

Jan 03, 2016 #1087935

I agree with most of them. cvs is a bad company and they can careless about their employees. managers are racist, abusive, and lazy. at list one of the managers I worked with would spend time in the office talking to his wife and will get pretty *** if anyone will dare to bother him!! they overwork you and under pay you. about time flexibility you might find it, but only if they see you ain't gonna take their bs other then that you're stuck with petty hours and night shifts forever bc their "good employees" are getting all the hours and can't work nights for whatever reason (excuse). I'm still working for CVS but all my working life with them has been a constant fight for my equal rights and the ones I see don't speak up for themselves.

10 1 Reply
BadASS_Scorpio

Dec 28, 2015 #1085117 Los Angeles, California, United States

I've worked for CVS for 3 years , and just told my manager this will be my last week - after my car was towed and he harassed me for calling out because he couldn't find coverage .. He tells me all the time how I'm one of his best cashiers but I got a write up for my emergency ? I'm done , *** CVS . Got a higher paying , less stressful job n e ways .

6 0 Reply

Dec 19, 2015 #1081157

I've been with now for 3 yrs. Some things you'll deal with in any company no matter where you go. Unless you have your own company you are pretty much at the will of that company with this antics. I mostly don't have any complaints. I do my job plus a little more because I do like helping. Though working there I do feel my time can be putt to better use in my own company. So I started one. They don't really care about the employees their concerns are simply business. I honestly don't know if a company that isn't. There are definitely worse places to work for. I appreciate the opportunity and just soak up everything like a sponge so it can be used everywhere.

3 2 Reply

Dec 17, 2015 #1080089

my daughter worked as a pharmacy tech for 14 years and got treated like garbage from one of her supervisors who didn't like her. cut out 8 hours of her work week and gave it to someone else. also told her that she made too much money to get a raise.
you post notices on your store windows for jobs and careers. what a lie!!
she gave her notice and left and they screwed her out of vacation pay that she earned. you suck!! I will never set foot in anyone of your stores again!

19 4 Reply

Dec 05, 2015 #1074410

Yes I agree with this individual. She is absolutely right. CVS need to be investated the way they treat their employees. Very horrible to people that work for them. Very sad.

21 0 Reply

Nov 27, 2015 #1070163

how do you get the pay stubs i know there on a site i dont know what site

1-20 of 218 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.