34.7K views

CVS will cut employee hours and expects 1 person to do the job of 3 people but then the company gets upset when their Triple S score goes down. The company only cares for themselves not the employees.

I worked there for 3 years never called out & always showed up to work on time. I decided to quit and gave the company a 1 month notice trying to give them enough time to find a replacement. Eight months later after quitting I received 2 old checks which should have been given to me. Both issue dates on the checks were written at later dates after leaving the company so I had no way of knowing I was receiving 2 more checks.

That just shows you how much the store managers are cleaning out the pay stubs and checks out of the safe. They could have at least given me a call to tell me I had checks I would have went and picked them up. I am still trying to get my 2 checks re-issued and have now learned it's all of CVS that sucks.

People working payroll and HR keep giving me the run around on my checks. I wouldn't recommend working for CVS they are absolutely horrible to their employees!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cvs Pharmacy Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 13, 2012.

Comments

They are cutting our hours to 35 hours per week, that 10 hours per pay period, how are we going to paid our bill ?

I agree. I worked very hard and was a dedicated worker.

I had not been asked to go into Production and was cut hours. I was given the run around and then when I took it upon myself to make a decision because, as usual all the Pharmacists were too busy, they didn't like the decision and found it as a reason to let me go.

They cut my hours immensely prior. Don't work for them.

to Anonymous #1538642

It is time employees punched CVS in the nose, to get their attention. If all CVS techs walked out for 1 hour (clock out) at the same time, think we would get the attention of CVS corporate?

Clock out between 1 and 2, then customer inconvenience would be minimal but still get the point across. Maybe get some national news coverage and shame Larry into better practices?

to FBarber1138 #1588712

I like this idea

I worked for CVS as a pharmacist between May to December of 2017. I never got a training period but got written up for having unfinished training modules.

You’re supposed to be paid to do those but I was told snarkily to come in on my day off. I never made a mistake- my technician was 75 years old and made them chronically. I can only catch so many errors and the fact no errors got made at the other stores I floated at occasionally speaks to that. I called the employee crisis line when my fiancé and partner abruptly died.

I was very upset and told them I had thoughts of hurting myself and wanted help or someone to talk to.

They told me they’d get back to me and never did. The next week I was terminated.I’ve been meeting with many lawyers about suing Cvs and am building my case.

I work at cvs and it sucks. You work a 415pm-1015pm shift and get no breaks.

You have to call to get permission to go to the bathroom. When the manager on duty has to relieve you so you can go *** the act like you are putting them out. I left Walmart to work here. At least Walmart gives you breaks.

And they want you to do all this extra work and check out customers and work the photo area for stupid people who can’t follow a simple screen prompts to print pictures. And manager is anal about store surveys. If it is bad he gets so upset.

Some customers treat the cvs employees as their own personal slaves. Why am I going to be nice to people that are like that.

i work at the place for 15 years and work morning hrs and now they want us to work flip flop hrs on satevery other weekend 3 different shifts on week 6am then the second week 7am then another at 2 pm 2 also that wasn "t good enough know they want to take hrs away from employees in different locations are all for there budget .let the upper mgnt and coperate office take a pay cut of 30% off there wages and see where the budget would be then .

to Anonymous #1496336

I work at Corp as a lower level employee and have so much respect for the store staff. I can assure you that it's not everyone at corp sitting pretty.

We identify with your struggles.

Its so hard doing the work of 3-4 people, watching the favourites get promoted, getting raises that are so small they don't cover one weeks' groceries. Used to get excited to suggest ideas to help ease things at the store level, like theyare just swatted away like flies unless you are saving money.

I WORKED AT CVS/LONGS FOR 8 YEARS, THE LAST FEW WERE CVS, I WAS A STORE TEAM LEADER, THEY CHANGED THE TITLE OF.CERTAIN MANAGERS WHEN THEIR TOTAL STORE HOURS WERE LESS THAN A CERTAIN NUMBER, I AM SURE BY NOW ALL THE MANAGERS AT LEAST IN CALIFORNIA HAVE BEEN RETITLED TO STL. SO, THE STORE I WAS MANAGING WAS IN A HIGH SHRINK AREA, A FOCUS STORE, THE SHRINK WAS LIKE 13% AT RETAIL.

THE FIRST INVENTORY I TOOK, I HAD BEEN THERE JUST A COUPLE WEEKS, SO I DIDN'T OWN THIS INVENTORY, THE STAFF WERE GIVEN THESE INTERVIEWS FROM LP, CALLED BAI, THEY BASICALLY LIE AND TRY TO GET YOU TO ADMIT TO SOME KIND OF THEFT, WELL 7 PEOPLE WERE TERMINATED AS A RESULT OF THESE BAI'S. THERE WAS ONE PERSON WHO WAS OF THE "CLIQUE" THAT DIDN'T SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE, OR WASN'T OUTED BY ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER. SO I HAD NO MANAGEMENT TEAM LEFT, SINCE THE TEAM WAS PART OF THE TERMINATION, I HAD A COUPLE SOLID EMPLOYEES, BUT WAS BORROWING FROM ANOTHER STORE TO STAFF THE STORE. I ENDED UP WITH A COUPLE FLAT TIRES, EVEN THOUGH I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TERMINATIONS.

CVS BELIEVES ALL SHRINK IS INTERNAL, WHATEVER THOUGH. YEAH SOMETIMES ITS A PIECE OF IT BUT IN THE STORE I WAS IN EXTERNAL WAS HUGE. SO I WAS AT THIS STORE, 50,60,70 HOURS A WEEK SOMETIMES MORE. WE HAVE CARPET IN THESE STORES WHICH IS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE *** WE SOLD ALOT OF WATER IN SOME STORES AND PULLING PALLETS OF WATER ACROSS CARPET WITH A MANUAL PALLET JACK IS BASICALLY ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR A GIRL.

MY BOSS, THE DM, TOWARDS THE END OF MY CAREER AT CVS, WOULD BE ON HIS CELL PHONE AND WATCH ME STRUGGLE WITH PALLETS OF WATER AND NOT OFFER TO HELP AT ALL. HE WAS SPINELESS ANYWAY BUT HEY. SO THE SHRINK WENT FROM OUT OF CONTROL TO A 2.2% RETAIL WHICH WAS TO ME, TOTAL ACCEPTABLE, CONSIDERING THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THINK COMPTON. THIS IS THE TYPE OF NEIGHBORHOOD, {{Redacted}} WARS, CARS EXPLODING IN PARKING LOT, {{Redacted}}LIVING IN THEIR VANS IN PARKING LOT, PEOPLE FREELY DOING {{Redacted}} RIGHT OUTSIDE THE FRONT ENTRANCE.

ETC. SO YEAH 2.2% TO ME WAS PRETTY DARN GOOD, I WAS SO AFRAID SOME MORNINGS WHEN I WOULD HAVE TO GO IN EARLY AND DO SOME STUPID TASK THAT REQUIRED ME TO GO IN ON MY OWN TIME, SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER GO IN WITH ME BECAUSE SOME WEIRDO WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE DOOR, I USED TO CALL THE POLICE, BUT THEY WERE SO BUSY WITH OTHER CALLS AND THE POLICE FORCE WAS SHORT STAFFED, SO I WAS TOLD AND IT WOULD TAKE THEM HOURS TO GET THERE. PLUS I WAS WORKING INJURED AND THE UPPER MANAGEMENT DIDN'T CARE AND I NEEDED MY JOB SO I CONTINUED TO WORK. THE DM ENDED UP GIVING ME AN ASST MANAGER THAT WAS WORTHLESS, HE DIDN'T LIKE TO WORK, ONLY TO LOOK BUSY, HE WOULD PLAY THE RACE CARD IF ANYTHING EVER CAME UP ABOUT HIS PERFORMANCE SO THAT WAS A LOST CAUSE.

I HAD MY CAR WINDOWS BROKEN WHILE MY CAR WAS PARKED AT THE FRONT ENTRANCE SPOT EARLY IN THE MORNING ON A SUNDAY, THE WEDNESDAY OF THE SAME WEEK MY PURSE CONTENTS WERE STOLEN FROM MY OFFICE, I HAD MY RENT MONEY IN THERE SINCE MY LAPTOP CASE AND PURSE WERE STOLEN FROM MY CAR 4 DAYS PRIOR, WHICH HAD MY DEBIT CARD ETC. THE DOORS TO THE BACKROOM WERE ALARMED SO THERE WAS NO WAY SOMEONE OTHER THAN AN EMPLOYEE WAS IN THE BACKROOM, SO I KNEW IT WAS A COLLEAGUE. THE COMPANY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE THIS, THIS WAS AFTER I HAD BEEN AT THIS STORE FOR OVER 5 YEARS. I HAD MY NAME PLAQUE REMOVED FROM THE FRONT OF THE STORE AFTER A LOCAL GANG MEMBER HAD BEEN BUSTED OVER SOME STUPID INCIDENT THAT LOSS PREVENTION UNDER COVER STAFF CAUSED.

THIS GUY AND HIS FRIEND CAME IN TO GET SOME DIAPERS AND THEY ATTEMPTED TO RETURN THEM AT THE FRONT OF THE STORE, I WAS ON VACATION AND I HAD TO SUBMIT SOME KIND OF BS THEY HAD US DOING, I FORGET WHAT ITS CALLED NOW, BUT IT WAS SOME KIND OF ACTION PLAN CRAP USING SMART TOOL. BUT ANYWAYS, I TOLD THE CASHIERS UP FRONT, THERE IS TWO GUYS IN HERE, JUST DO WHATEVER THEY ASK, THEY LOOKED DANGEROUS AND I VALUED THE SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR ME MORE THAN ANYTHING. PERIOD. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT LP WAS IN THE STORE DOING THEIR UNDERCOVER SURVELLANCE THAT THEY DID FOR MAYBE 4 HOURS A WEEK AT MY STORE.

THEY CAUSED MORE PROBLEMS THAN THEY SOLVED, LET ME EXPLAIN, SO THESE GUYS ENDED UP WALKING OUT WITH THE DIAPERS THEY DIDN'T EVEN GO TO THE COUNTER TO ASK FOR A REFUND, THE TWO LP GUYS WENT AFTER THEM AND ENDED UP GETTING BEAT UP BADLY BY THE TWO GUYS. I MEAN BADLY, THEY KIND OF ASKED FOR IT, I TOLD THEM THE POLICE DIDN'T WANT THEM GOING AFTER PEOPLE LIKE THAT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THEY ARENT COPS THEY ARENT SUPPOSED TO DETAIN PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE STORE. PERIOD. SO THE POLICE ARRIVE DUE TO THE ASSAULT, THE TWO GUYS GOT AWAY.

LATER ONE OF THEM WAS DETAINED AT THE GAS STATION AND WAS CHARGED WITH STRONG ARM FELONY BURGLARY BECAUSE OF THE THEFT AND THE ASSAULT, A THIRD STRIKE FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL, IT WAS ROUGHLY THREE. DAYS LATER THAT MY NAME WAS REMOVED FROM THE FRONT OF THE STORE, TO ME THIS WAS A THREAT, I EXPRESSED MY CONCERN TO MY DM AND HE SAID WHAT DON'T WORRY. PISSED ME OFF THAT HE WAS SO CALLOUS ABOUT THIS. I DIDN'T WANT LP IN THE STORE, THEY SPENT 4 HOURS A WEEK AND CAUSED MORE ISSUES THAN THEY SOLVED.

I WAS AT THE STORE AT THIS POINT 80 HOURS A WEEK GETTING PAID FOR 45, BECAUSE IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT HAD AN ISSUE NOT. ENOUGH STAFF, SOME VISIT COMING OR WHATEVER. MY ASSISTANT STILL DIDN'T DO CRAP, HE WORKED WHENEVER HE WANTED, HE FALSIFIED HIS TIMECARD, I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO MY DM SINCE THEY DON'T GIVE US THE AUTONOMY TO BE A MANAGER. IN OCTOBER LP BEGAN COMING IN LOOKING FOR A WITCHHUNT, DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE *** WAS GOING ON, IN NOVEMBER THEY FIRED ME FOR CAUSING THE COMPANY LOSS THEY SAID, I SAID WHAT, I SAID TO THEM I WORK 80 HOURS A WEEK WHAT THE *** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, SO THE LP REGIONAL GUY SAID FINE THEN WE WILL FIRE YOU FOR WORKING OFF THE CLOCK, HE DIDN'T LIKE ME BECAUSE I STOOD UP TO HIM AND CHALLENGED HIM ON HIS RIDICULOUS LP AUDIT THAT HE WAS TOTALLY INCONSISTENT WITH, WHAT HE FAILED SOMEONE FOR AT ONE STORE HE LET SLIDE AT ANOTHER, AND I POINTED IT OUT.

SO I AM GLAD TO BE RID OF SUCH AN EVIL EVIL COMPANY, THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES, THE CUSTOMERS ARE JUST A SCRIP FOR THEM, LOOK AT THE CANDY THEY PUT EVERYWHERE, THEY MAY NOT SELL CIGARETTES BUT THEY SURE AS HE** DON'T CARE ABOUT DIABETES, THATS A POTENTIAL PATIENT FOR THEM AT THE RX COUNTER SO DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR PROPAGANDA. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEIR BOTTOM LINE AND THEIR BONUS.

SHAREHOLDERS, BE WARE. YOU WILL BE GOING TO HE**

CVS on upper Rd is so rude they slow as *** they have a guy that wear glasses and cj is just as rude who hire these ppl and the line be forever long and they literally don't really be doing nothing this heavy girl just drink sodas every time I come in there are even go through to the window just rude *** ***

I'm all my years of employment, I have never been treated as poorly or as rudely as I was treated by a CVS manager. They are opening stores in Utah,and from what I've learned from conversations with current and former employees, they, the management staff treat their employees badly, as stupid people and worse.

They have a double standard with employees.

Would never recommend working for them. All that you hear about or read about has been found true

#1420290

Try working for cvs in Hawaii they only care about themselves *** this company

#1419703

I work for cvs about 1 year and was never getting hours the only days i will get will be for load or to post up the tags that’s about it and the management team are full of BS always getting you to do there work while they take a 1-2 hour lunch break and cracking jokes in the stock room

CVS is the WORST place to work. I started working on Oct 29th and didn't get paid until Dec 18th!!

No one wants to help resolve the issue your Manager caused and the people answering the phone in Payroll are not educated enough to give correct answers. They are absolutely no help. It's a waste of time calling them.

I will NEVER work there again. Horrible.

to Pissed off employee #1422348

The company does not care about it's employees or retail customers either. It's sole concern is lining their pockets and pharmacy.

They treat all employees like they are a thief. Have you traveling from store to store to MAYBE get your hours. I was even told that they have a set program that tells youh how many hours an employee can work without getting placed into a full time status. Seems to be working the way they schedule me!

I've been working full time for a year and they play with my hours or "accidentally" schedule me or fail to tell me I'm not actually scheduled. Dropping me to almost 20 hours a week. Then they wanna try and make me work the only scheduled day off I have. I'm told when I can and cannot take my vacation.

I have to put up a fight when I'm sick and I put away truck every single week. Then I'm expected to run the register up front while doing planograms in the back. This company is ridiculous. Their technology is older than me , it never works, and they rip people off with the coupons.

I hate this place. It's worse than walmart. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORK UP FRONT. one person can't run a damn store.

This company is absolutely disgusting. My safety and my health mean absolutely nothing to them. Let me get a bladder infection because I can't leave the register for hours and see how concerned they become once I get a lawyer.

Oh and let me not forget to mention they violated HIPPA by giving out my prescription information to a person I had a restraining order on !!! And I'm an employee!

CVS company is the worst for the workers. How can you do 2000 scripts per week with just 145 hours? I hate to say this but no wonder nobody who works for this company loves it except for the pretenders up too who sit in front of computer, eating chips, and bullshiting about number.

As a Pharmacy Tech, I have come to realize that the guys in the big corner offices who think they know what's best don't know squat. They keep cutting our hours while, at the same time, adding to our workload.

MANDATORY CONSULTATION, PCQ calls both make customers angry and staff stressed. In February, pretending to care about Opioid addiction by allowing only an 8 day supply will cost us customers and/or burden us with filling CIIs every 8 days, but mostly think they will go elsewhere. There are other ways to control expenses than cutting hours. We would be happy to show them how to do so.

Stop making our jobs more stressful and our customers more unhappy. How about cutting back on BIG SHOTS bonuses. Without the employee, CVS can't exist. Treat them better, get better results.

It would be nice to be able to take pride in a clean, updated store. Filthy, damaged shelving is a result of lack of manpower. Filthy carpeting (carpeting?) is embarrassing and disgusting. PROFITS, PROFITS, PROFITS!

GREED!!! Upper management should be replaced.

They should come in and work, LOL, for a couple of weeks and try to meet their expectations, then let's see how they feel. CVS is going down!

to Anonymous #1386555

Yessssss!op

All CVS Pharmacy stores in the communities impacted by Hurricane Harvey are open to serve the prescription and/or emergency supplies needs of the community, except those listed below.

A mobile pharmacy unit has been set up outside the NRG Center in Houston, where evacuees are now able to pick up prescriptions, purchase over-the-counter medications and receive recommended vaccines. The mobile pharmacy will be in service from 8 am to 8 pm.