32.8K views

CVS will cut employee hours and expects 1 person to do the job of 3 people but then the company gets upset when their Triple S score goes down.The company only cares for themselves not the employees.

I worked there for 3 years never called out & always showed up to work on time. I decided to quit and gave the company a 1 month notice trying to give them enough time to find a replacement. Eight months later after quitting I received 2 old checks which should have been given to me. Both issue dates on the checks were written at later dates after leaving the company so I had no way of knowing I was receiving 2 more checks.

That just shows you how much the store managers are cleaning out the pay stubs and checks out of the safe. They could have at least given me a call to tell me I had checks I would have went and picked them up. I am still trying to get my 2 checks re-issued and have now learned it's all of CVS that sucks.

People working payroll and HR keep giving me the run around on my checks.I wouldn't recommend working for CVS they are absolutely horrible to their employees!

Review about: Cvs Pharmacy Manager.

Comments

i work at the place for 15 years and work morning hrs and now they want us to work flip flop hrs on satevery other weekend 3 different shifts on week 6am then the second week 7am then another at 2 pm 2 also that wasn "t good enough know they want to take hrs away from employees in different locations are all for there budget .let the upper mgnt and coperate office take a pay cut of 30% off there wages and see where the budget would be then .

I WORKED AT CVS/LONGS FOR 8 YEARS, THE LAST FEW WERE CVS, I WAS A STORE TEAM LEADER, THEY CHANGED THE TITLE OF.CERTAIN MANAGERS WHEN THEIR TOTAL STORE HOURS WERE LESS THAN A CERTAIN NUMBER, I AM SURE BY NOW ALL THE MANAGERS AT LEAST IN CALIFORNIA HAVE BEEN RETITLED TO STL.SO, THE STORE I WAS MANAGING WAS IN A HIGH SHRINK AREA, A FOCUS STORE, THE SHRINK WAS LIKE 13% AT RETAIL.

THE FIRST INVENTORY I TOOK, I HAD BEEN THERE JUST A COUPLE WEEKS, SO I DIDN'T OWN THIS INVENTORY, THE STAFF WERE GIVEN THESE INTERVIEWS FROM LP, CALLED BAI, THEY BASICALLY LIE AND TRY TO GET YOU TO ADMIT TO SOME KIND OF THEFT, WELL 7 PEOPLE WERE TERMINATED AS A RESULT OF THESE BAI'S. THERE WAS ONE PERSON WHO WAS OF THE "CLIQUE" THAT DIDN'T SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE, OR WASN'T OUTED BY ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER. SO I HAD NO MANAGEMENT TEAM LEFT, SINCE THE TEAM WAS PART OF THE TERMINATION, I HAD A COUPLE SOLID EMPLOYEES, BUT WAS BORROWING FROM ANOTHER STORE TO STAFF THE STORE. I ENDED UP WITH A COUPLE FLAT TIRES, EVEN THOUGH I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TERMINATIONS.

CVS BELIEVES ALL SHRINK IS INTERNAL, WHATEVER THOUGH. YEAH SOMETIMES ITS A PIECE OF IT BUT IN THE STORE I WAS IN EXTERNAL WAS HUGE. SO I WAS AT THIS STORE, 50,60,70 HOURS A WEEK SOMETIMES MORE. WE HAVE CARPET IN THESE STORES WHICH IS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE *** WE SOLD ALOT OF WATER IN SOME STORES AND PULLING PALLETS OF WATER ACROSS CARPET WITH A MANUAL PALLET JACK IS BASICALLY ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR A GIRL.

MY BOSS, THE DM, TOWARDS THE END OF MY CAREER AT CVS, WOULD BE ON HIS CELL PHONE AND WATCH ME STRUGGLE WITH PALLETS OF WATER AND NOT OFFER TO HELP AT ALL. HE WAS SPINELESS ANYWAY BUT HEY. SO THE SHRINK WENT FROM OUT OF CONTROL TO A 2.2% RETAIL WHICH WAS TO ME, TOTAL ACCEPTABLE, CONSIDERING THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THINK COMPTON. THIS IS THE TYPE OF NEIGHBORHOOD, {{Redacted}} WARS, CARS EXPLODING IN PARKING LOT, {{Redacted}}LIVING IN THEIR VANS IN PARKING LOT, PEOPLE FREELY DOING {{Redacted}} RIGHT OUTSIDE THE FRONT ENTRANCE.

ETC. SO YEAH 2.2% TO ME WAS PRETTY DARN GOOD, I WAS SO AFRAID SOME MORNINGS WHEN I WOULD HAVE TO GO IN EARLY AND DO SOME STUPID TASK THAT REQUIRED ME TO GO IN ON MY OWN TIME, SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER GO IN WITH ME BECAUSE SOME WEIRDO WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE DOOR, I USED TO CALL THE POLICE, BUT THEY WERE SO BUSY WITH OTHER CALLS AND THE POLICE FORCE WAS SHORT STAFFED, SO I WAS TOLD AND IT WOULD TAKE THEM HOURS TO GET THERE. PLUS I WAS WORKING INJURED AND THE UPPER MANAGEMENT DIDN'T CARE AND I NEEDED MY JOB SO I CONTINUED TO WORK. THE DM ENDED UP GIVING ME AN ASST MANAGER THAT WAS WORTHLESS, HE DIDN'T LIKE TO WORK, ONLY TO LOOK BUSY, HE WOULD PLAY THE RACE CARD IF ANYTHING EVER CAME UP ABOUT HIS PERFORMANCE SO THAT WAS A LOST CAUSE.

I HAD MY CAR WINDOWS BROKEN WHILE MY CAR WAS PARKED AT THE FRONT ENTRANCE SPOT EARLY IN THE MORNING ON A SUNDAY, THE WEDNESDAY OF THE SAME WEEK MY PURSE CONTENTS WERE STOLEN FROM MY OFFICE, I HAD MY RENT MONEY IN THERE SINCE MY LAPTOP CASE AND PURSE WERE STOLEN FROM MY CAR 4 DAYS PRIOR, WHICH HAD MY DEBIT CARD ETC. THE DOORS TO THE BACKROOM WERE ALARMED SO THERE WAS NO WAY SOMEONE OTHER THAN AN EMPLOYEE WAS IN THE BACKROOM, SO I KNEW IT WAS A COLLEAGUE. THE COMPANY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE THIS, THIS WAS AFTER I HAD BEEN AT THIS STORE FOR OVER 5 YEARS. I HAD MY NAME PLAQUE REMOVED FROM THE FRONT OF THE STORE AFTER A LOCAL GANG MEMBER HAD BEEN BUSTED OVER SOME STUPID INCIDENT THAT LOSS PREVENTION UNDER COVER STAFF CAUSED.

THIS GUY AND HIS FRIEND CAME IN TO GET SOME DIAPERS AND THEY ATTEMPTED TO RETURN THEM AT THE FRONT OF THE STORE, I WAS ON VACATION AND I HAD TO SUBMIT SOME KIND OF BS THEY HAD US DOING, I FORGET WHAT ITS CALLED NOW, BUT IT WAS SOME KIND OF ACTION PLAN CRAP USING SMART TOOL. BUT ANYWAYS, I TOLD THE CASHIERS UP FRONT, THERE IS TWO GUYS IN HERE, JUST DO WHATEVER THEY ASK, THEY LOOKED DANGEROUS AND I VALUED THE SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR ME MORE THAN ANYTHING. PERIOD. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT LP WAS IN THE STORE DOING THEIR UNDERCOVER SURVELLANCE THAT THEY DID FOR MAYBE 4 HOURS A WEEK AT MY STORE.

THEY CAUSED MORE PROBLEMS THAN THEY SOLVED, LET ME EXPLAIN, SO THESE GUYS ENDED UP WALKING OUT WITH THE DIAPERS THEY DIDN'T EVEN GO TO THE COUNTER TO ASK FOR A REFUND, THE TWO LP GUYS WENT AFTER THEM AND ENDED UP GETTING BEAT UP BADLY BY THE TWO GUYS. I MEAN BADLY, THEY KIND OF ASKED FOR IT, I TOLD THEM THE POLICE DIDN'T WANT THEM GOING AFTER PEOPLE LIKE THAT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, THEY ARENT COPS THEY ARENT SUPPOSED TO DETAIN PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE STORE. PERIOD. SO THE POLICE ARRIVE DUE TO THE ASSAULT, THE TWO GUYS GOT AWAY.

LATER ONE OF THEM WAS DETAINED AT THE GAS STATION AND WAS CHARGED WITH STRONG ARM FELONY BURGLARY BECAUSE OF THE THEFT AND THE ASSAULT, A THIRD STRIKE FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL, IT WAS ROUGHLY THREE. DAYS LATER THAT MY NAME WAS REMOVED FROM THE FRONT OF THE STORE, TO ME THIS WAS A THREAT, I EXPRESSED MY CONCERN TO MY DM AND HE SAID WHAT DON'T WORRY. PISSED ME OFF THAT HE WAS SO CALLOUS ABOUT THIS. I DIDN'T WANT LP IN THE STORE, THEY SPENT 4 HOURS A WEEK AND CAUSED MORE ISSUES THAN THEY SOLVED.

I WAS AT THE STORE AT THIS POINT 80 HOURS A WEEK GETTING PAID FOR 45, BECAUSE IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT HAD AN ISSUE NOT. ENOUGH STAFF, SOME VISIT COMING OR WHATEVER. MY ASSISTANT STILL DIDN'T DO CRAP, HE WORKED WHENEVER HE WANTED, HE FALSIFIED HIS TIMECARD, I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO MY DM SINCE THEY DON'T GIVE US THE AUTONOMY TO BE A MANAGER. IN OCTOBER LP BEGAN COMING IN LOOKING FOR A WITCHHUNT, DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE *** WAS GOING ON, IN NOVEMBER THEY FIRED ME FOR CAUSING THE COMPANY LOSS THEY SAID, I SAID WHAT, I SAID TO THEM I WORK 80 HOURS A WEEK WHAT THE *** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, SO THE LP REGIONAL GUY SAID FINE THEN WE WILL FIRE YOU FOR WORKING OFF THE CLOCK, HE DIDN'T LIKE ME BECAUSE I STOOD UP TO HIM AND CHALLENGED HIM ON HIS RIDICULOUS LP AUDIT THAT HE WAS TOTALLY INCONSISTENT WITH, WHAT HE FAILED SOMEONE FOR AT ONE STORE HE LET SLIDE AT ANOTHER, AND I POINTED IT OUT.

SO I AM GLAD TO BE RID OF SUCH AN EVIL EVIL COMPANY, THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES, THE CUSTOMERS ARE JUST A SCRIP FOR THEM, LOOK AT THE CANDY THEY PUT EVERYWHERE, THEY MAY NOT SELL CIGARETTES BUT THEY SURE AS HE** DON'T CARE ABOUT DIABETES, THATS A POTENTIAL PATIENT FOR THEM AT THE RX COUNTER SO DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR PROPAGANDA. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEIR BOTTOM LINE AND THEIR BONUS.

SHAREHOLDERS, BE WARE.YOU WILL BE GOING TO HE**

CVS on upper Rd is so rude they slow as *** they have a guy that wear glasses and cj is just as rude who hire these ppl and the line be forever long and they literally don't really be doing nothing this heavy girl just drink sodas every time I come in there are even go through to the window just rude *** ***

I'm all my years of employment, I have never been treated as poorly or as rudely as I was treated by a CVS manager.They are opening stores in Utah,and from what I've learned from conversations with current and former employees, they, the management staff treat their employees badly, as stupid people and worse.

They have a double standard with employees.

Would never recommend working for them.All that you hear about or read about has been found true

#1420290

Try working for cvs in Hawaii they only care about themselves *** this company

#1419703

I work for cvs about 1 year and was never getting hours the only days i will get will be for load or to post up the tags that’s about it and the management team are full of BS always getting you to do there work while they take a 1-2 hour lunch break and cracking jokes in the stock room

CVS is the WORST place to work.I started working on Oct 29th and didn't get paid until Dec 18th!!

No one wants to help resolve the issue your Manager caused and the people answering the phone in Payroll are not educated enough to give correct answers. They are absolutely no help. It's a waste of time calling them.

I will NEVER work there again.Horrible.

to Pissed off employee #1422348

The company does not care about it's employees or retail customers either.It's sole concern is lining their pockets and pharmacy.

They treat all employees like they are a thief. Have you traveling from store to store to MAYBE get your hours. I was even told that they have a set program that tells youh how many hours an employee can work without getting placed into a full time status. Seems to be working the way they schedule me!

I've been working full time for a year and they play with my hours or "accidentally" schedule me or fail to tell me I'm not actually scheduled. Dropping me to almost 20 hours a week. Then they wanna try and make me work the only scheduled day off I have. I'm told when I can and cannot take my vacation.

I have to put up a fight when I'm sick and I put away truck every single week. Then I'm expected to run the register up front while doing planograms in the back. This company is ridiculous. Their technology is older than me , it never works, and they rip people off with the coupons.

I hate this place. It's worse than walmart. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORK UP FRONT. one person can't run a damn store.

This company is absolutely disgusting. My safety and my health mean absolutely nothing to them. Let me get a bladder infection because I can't leave the register for hours and see how concerned they become once I get a lawyer.

Oh and let me not forget to mention they violated HIPPA by giving out my prescription information to a person I had a restraining order on !!!And I'm an employee!

CVS company is the worst for the workers. How can you do 2000 scripts per week with just 145 hours? I hate to say this but no wonder nobody who works for this company loves it except for the pretenders up too who sit in front of computer, eating chips, and bullshiting about number.

As a Pharmacy Tech, I have come to realize that the guys in the big corner offices who think they know what's best don't know squat.They keep cutting our hours while, at the same time, adding to our workload.

MANDATORY CONSULTATION, PCQ calls both make customers angry and staff stressed. In February, pretending to care about Opioid addiction by allowing only an 8 day supply will cost us customers and/or burden us with filling CIIs every 8 days, but mostly think they will go elsewhere. There are other ways to control expenses than cutting hours. We would be happy to show them how to do so.

Stop making our jobs more stressful and our customers more unhappy. How about cutting back on BIG SHOTS bonuses. Without the employee, CVS can't exist. Treat them better, get better results.

It would be nice to be able to take pride in a clean, updated store. Filthy, damaged shelving is a result of lack of manpower. Filthy carpeting (carpeting?) is embarrassing and disgusting. PROFITS, PROFITS, PROFITS!

GREED!!! Upper management should be replaced.

They should come in and work, LOL, for a couple of weeks and try to meet their expectations, then let's see how they feel.CVS is going down!

to Anonymous #1386555

Yessssss!op

All CVS Pharmacy stores in the communities impacted by Hurricane Harvey are open to serve the prescription and/or emergency supplies needs of the community, except those listed below.

A mobile pharmacy unit has been set up outside the NRG Center in Houston, where evacuees are now able to pick up prescriptions, purchase over-the-counter medications and receive recommended vaccines. The mobile pharmacy will be in service from 8 am to 8 pm.

Huntington Beach, California, United States #1353889

I tried to send an email to cvs management about a problem, and the system for complaints is set up so that I was not able to send the email, so I gave up.

The cvs we use is at Bolsa Chica and Warner, Huntington Beach, California I noted the drive in window has an installed slide out box for change return and product delivery.This takes up a lot of space between the window and the employee, and they are routinely standing on something and leaning out over the counter to conduct business.

as the slide out window does not do the job it was designed to do. I asked the employees, about it, and they said that management does not seem to want to fix the problem.

I believe most cvs locations have the same problem.The employees go into contortions to provide product and change, and it looks a bit dangerious.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1353836

Don't work for CVS.My son worked there .His drawer was short and they fired him.

My issue with that is his drawer was never counted when he started or counted out at end of shift.

How do we know if someelse messed up.They know he didn't steal because they checked the video.

Forest, Mississippi, United States #1327352

I completely agree!

The experience at my store was different, but the uncaring atmosphere was the same.

Ethics line sends all complaints to district manager.Every employee in my store has made complaints about the store manager doing things that are illegal and against policy.

The complaints go to the district manager, who informs the store manager of who made the complaint and what they said, so that the store manager can unfairly punish them. The environment is hopeless. You are threatened with poor reviews if the store is featured on your application. You will have your hours cut or be scheduled for times you can't work until he has a reason to fire you.

If you are part time, or sick, and the store is short handed, you will be made to work full time hours while receiving no benefits.

No one will help your hostile work environment.

You deal with mistreatment, or you get fired.If you quit, you will be told you have been fired anyway.

I'm still at cvs, it is bad, here we have a bad storm as Woonsocket is closed, and all the DM 's are home, nice and warm are store and many others are open in Boston mass. We suffer while they sit on there *** not caring about there employees safety! Until there's a law suit.

Santa Rosa, California, United States #1286364

Employee: Denise at the Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa California store.

I have shopped at this store for many years. Every time I walk in the door, Denise greets me and my family with a friendly Hello.

This makes for a pleasant shopping experence. It is nice to have a neighborhood store where employees care about their customers.

Diane Ballard and Cheryl Neuberger

Bronx, New York, United States #1233642

I currently work for CVS as a cashier and it is torture.Even though I only work part time, I get *** hours and pay.

I have absolutely no help from my coworkers. I always have to the job of three people. When I call for help, my managers & coworkers get frustrated with me. I'm quitting soon once I start this other job because I can't take it no more!

Please anyone that sees this don't work for CVS.They're even worst than Walmart!

Tell me something I don't know!

Danville, California, United States #1196284

Oh, the stories cvs employees could tell!Reading through several of these posts, the stories could have been from the cvs I worked at.

Mgrs who belittle employees in public, hours cut for front-of-store employees (but not for mgrs or dist employees!) in order to "balance cvs payroll", harassment of employees ...unless you are one of the newly hired friends of the mgr. Then you get all kinds of perks and raises. There are so many reasons cvs deserves to be investigated by the labor board...and become unionized! I've left to save my sanity.

But those who still work at cvs should QUICKLY call the union and bring the union into that workplace. It is the only way employees will ever treated better. So far cvs only has the goal of Increased Profits ("to enhance shareholder value") for those on Executive Row. A couple years ago Larry Melo, the CEO of cvs made over $307MILLION for the YEAR...

Notice I did not say "earned". Cvs makes it money by buying established companies and buying market share. With a ceo that makes well over $300MILLION per year, you'd think the company would be able to at least offer a sane medical plan for employees. Nope...

the price increases each year are horrid. I left when I was paying incredibly high amounts for insurance with a $1500 deductable - for one person. As a cashier, I just didn't earn enough money to be able to afford to see a doctor!

And yes....my paycheck was routinely "Short".