I  stopped by the CVS pharmacy on Cypress Parkway in Poinciana FL in front of the Lowe's Home Improvement on the way home from the dentist after having my wisdom tooth pulled because I was in a lot of pain and just wanted to get my prescription filled and go to bed for the rest of the day.The pharmacist lied and said they were out of this medicine and I would have to wait two weeks so I had to go home and suffer in pain.

Latter that day I had my 78 year old mother call the pharmacy who spends about 500.00 per month on her prescriptions at this same CVS and she was told to bring down her prescription and they would fill it for her in 5 minutes or so.

I find this behavior unbelievable and unconscionable and I believe the pharmacist should be fired for seeing me in pain, lying and not filling my legitimate prescription.I am going to have my mother and her friends in SoliVita take their business to another pharmacy and I am going to post this complaint on the SoliVita website and pin copies on all the bulletin boards.

Review about: Cvs Pharmacy Prescription Refill.

Had an Experience with Cvs Pharmacy?

Comments

Jonesboro, Georgia, United States #645778

I dropped off a prescription at the Jonesboro, GA CVS pharmacy at Tara Blvd & Robert E Lee Parkway on Thursday and went to pick up on Friday.They don't have it, no record of it in the computer, and they don't have the actual paper prescription that I dropped off.

The prescription was for cough syrup (hydrocodone-homatropine (Hycodan). So now I am coughing my head off and miserable. I self-payed to go to the doctor to help me with my cold/cough that I have had for three weeks and spent all that money for no relief because the prescription they gave me was lost by CVS. I should have just went to the liquor store and bought some Jack Daniels Whiskey.

It may not have cured my bronchitis but maybe if I got drunk enough I wouldn't care. CVS is awful! The supervisor actually asked me if I was sure I dropped it off at that store. Like dude, I have bronchitis, not dementia.

Look on your security camera tapes and you will see the big blonde woman walk in and go to the pharmacy drop off and give the young lady there my paper prescription and her look me up in the computer and tell me it would be ready at 7pm...and now they have no record of anything.

Very weird.and frustrating...I never go to the doctor because I am a big chicken and then I finally go and still no relief.

Troupegroup

CVS has a policy concerning narcotics, I suspect that is what you are trying to fill. This is to deter "drug seekers" by putting them off 2 days or 2 weeks (depending on the situation.). We move from out of state and had to find a new pharmacy...CVS. Our old CVS even called ahead RE: transferring Rx's.

I had to have my husband take me, in my wheelchair and blanket, into CVS and made the pharmacist understand what MY day is like (I have a degenerative neuromuscular disease). Then I asked him if he thought it was fair that I should wait an extra two days, EVERY SINGLE MONTH, because of their policy regarding narcotics and potential drug seekers. This action finally worked after 4 months of being put off two days every time.

It's maddening and frustrating but it has been a policy for many years. You may try having your physician phone them.

Maybe the pharmacist knew your mom was going to get her rx filled (like she does every month) and he was saving for her so he wouldn't have to tell her to wait 2 weeks.Why you need pain meds for wisdom teeth?

I had mine taken out and it was far from fun, my dentist kept saying u want something for pain I said no. Even called me at home that night and asked. I told him I took aleve.

After that they told all their patients no pain pills.They thanked me for that because they said they got rid of all the rift raft whiny babies but kept the people who truly want their help.

Was it the same medicine?Also there must be more than one pharmacy!

Your just a sad little crybaby that needs to GROW UP!!:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

to Anonymous Boston, Massachusetts, United States #641506

Besides in big box stores, there are hardly any pharmacies left that aren't CVS that care about the customer. CVS is so big that it doesn't matter how they treat people.

Oh and it's "you're" not "your"

did your mother also have HER wisdom tooth pulled? did she have a prescription for the same meds?

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #640925

How could the pharmacist tell you were in pain?Were you wearing a sign indicating that.

Also if you don't use that pharmacy on a regular basis, that could be a reason for them to not fill a prescription for pain medication.You could have had your dentist call in the prescription to your regular pharmacy and it would have been ready when you got there.

MrCustomer
to anonymous Fair Oaks, California, United States #650218

Hey Sioux Falls-

It's not the job of the pharmacist to determine what level of pain you are experiencing - it's the MD writing the script. I try not to wear my "I'm in severe pain" sign when I go out in public, but I'm funny that way. And most pharmacies prefer written prescriptions rather than phone calls, as phone calls can be made by anyone. Also, some medications (CII) HAVE to be written out - they cannot be phoned, faxed, emailed, or e-scripted. Please learn about the facts before you go shooting your rather wrinkly mouth off - I mean, you are over 70, right? That's what you wrote the last time you wanted to berate someone about their complaints RE a pharmacy, Walgreen, Walmart, and CVS.

Have you decided to answer any questions about your motivation for consistently answering negatively to any complaint written about these stores? Are you supplanting your Social Security by working for pissedconsumer? You know, you're supposed to report any additional income to both the IRS AND Social Security. Or are you really just a pharm tech from Florida pretending to be 70? Say "Hi" to LadyScot at the next meeting (or look in a mirror)