Lawrence, Kansas

CVS was unable to answer my prescription question.I buy my meds at a local pharmacy and pay 56.00 for 60 20mg of generic adderal.

I went to pick up my boyfriends script at CVS....He gets 90 10mg of generic adderal (Same Brand). His cost was 113.00. When I asked why the price was higher, the pharmacist did not have an answer, but said she was in a hurry. HELLO????

What is going on? Am I crazy or is there some sort of difference here? CVS is supposed to be cheaper.

Well, unless confronted about a question that is obviously in need of answering.Time to do some investigating I guess.

Review about: Price.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cvs Pharmacy Pharmacist
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $113
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cvs Pharmacy?

Comments

frank

Your Local Pharmacies are much cheaper than Any corporate pharmacies for sure.Because: 1.

They don't have to feed an army of corporate executives. 2. They don't report to Wall street. 3.

They have lower operation and infrastructure cost.

4.Local pharmacies have to be competitive with better service and better service for them to survive.

The bottom line: You are feeding an army of greedy corporate executives and a bunch of hedge-fund managers if you do business with corporate pharmacies, paying higher price for a poor service

Bill

Gee, I don't know, it's probably because you went to two different pharmacies, have two different insurance plans, got two different strengths of drugs, and got two different quantities. Mix and match any of those explanations, and there's your answer.

CommonsenseRPH

The price of medication varies depends on your insurance contract change, if the pharmacy is net work pharmacy or not, AB rated generic or not, preferred brand by the insurance or not,therapeutic class-medically necessary or behavioral medication or not,etc..

Insurance sets the price and determines your portion of copay not the pharmacy.

The most of the time, you have your deductibles to meet.

CVS Pharmacy Tech
#92033

As a certified pharmacy technician, I work for CVS. And honestly, we don't set the prices of medication if you have insurance. We input the prescription and run it through on your insurance, and they answer back to us with a price or a rejection if the medicine is not covered.

SweetPea

Or it could be as simple as the quanity and different strength.I dont think they have the ability to change the price to whatever they want to.

Its all done through 3rd party billing.Always best to contact insurance if it is ran through that and find out why the co pay is different.

SweetPea

joe pharmacy

could be a change in his insurance formulary that he didnt pay attention to... thats usually the case...

kmc

No idea, but costs do vary.The birth control I'm on cost about $23 w/out insurance at CVS, it costs about $30 w/out insurance at rite-aid, it cost $9 at walmart.

I always got it at cvs since I worked there, but I moved and now I'm with walmart b/c its soo much cheaper.Target is cheap as well, and I think Kmart.

different mg

Could be that his 10mg pills cost more because they're less common than the 20mg.