I will never ever do business with CVS again in any way shape or form!

Yesterday I went into CVS after receiving their call that my prescriptions were ready for pick up (automatic refill program) As usual there was an issue. I was given one prescription instead of 3 and they gave me ProAir instead of Proventil which I found out when I got home. They informed me they would contact my doctor for the renewal of the two other medications. Mind you now, I'm an asthmatic.

I went back in this morning to pick up my Advair & Singular (now generic) after they neglected to call my doctor for renewal automatically like they were supposed to yesterday, which happens on a regular basis. Every 3 months I complain about it.

Prior to that I had called my doctor and advised what happened with the negative reaction after using ProAir and asked why Proventil (rescue inhaler) was not prescribed. I was informed Proventil was prescribed the beginning of August with 3 refills.

I advised the pharmacist of this and he promptly informed me my insurance would no longer cover Proventil.

I went home and called my insurance company I was informed they still cover Proventil, Aug 3 CVS queried their computer and they were advised it was covered and the cost was $40 co-pay. It was later cancelled by CVS and ProAir was entered.

So basically when all is said & done...CVS lied to me, they probably didn't have Proventil in stock and took it upon themselves to replace it with ProAir because both contain Albuterol, without informing me.

The way I look at it is they committed fraud, I never gave them permission to substitute inhalers.

Review about: Cvs Pharmacy Prescription Refill.

Proventil and Proair are the same thing honey.Unless your doctor wrong DAW1 (dispense as written) then we fill with the appropriate generic.

If we are out of one, we will fill with another of the same generic. We have no way of knowing what your insurance pays for unless and until we run it. We fill literally thousands of scripts. There is no way to remember your insurance requirements off the top of our head.

Now, contacting your doctor for refills is a COURTESY.

We are in NO WAY whatsoever obligated to do so. He is YOUR doctor.

It is YOUR responsibility to get your own refills.We will fax a request at our convenience.

to LadyScot Seattle, Washington, United States #704397

One can no longer sue for injury caused by generics. Big pharma ha a reason they want you to believe generics are the same.

to LadyScot Antioch, Illinois, United States #910443

VENTOLIN HFA (albuterol sulfate inhalation aerosol) is intended for oral inhalation only.Each unit contains a microcrystalline suspension of albuterol sulfate in propellant HFA-134a (1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane).

It contains no other excipients.

ProAir HFA

is for oral inhalation only. It contains a microcrystalline suspension of albuterol sulfate in propellant HFA-134a (1, 1, 1, 2-tetrafluoroethane) and ethanol.

Proventil HFA Inhalation Aerosol is a pressurized metered-dose aerosol unit for oral inhalation. It contains a microcrystalline suspension of albuterol sulfate in propellant HFA-134a (1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane), ethanol, and oleic acid.

Note the Ethanol included in Proair and Preventil. Ethanol has been proven to constrict the lungs.

When you're using albuterol sulfate totreat bronchial asthma. Why would you want to inhale ethanol that would constrict your breathing?

Ventolin contains no additional propellant to provide albuterol sulfate. Treating bronchial asthma without constricting the lungs.

I have also researched the side effect occurrences of all three medications.Ventolin have far less reports of side effects.

CVS customer service is what you find in a third world country.They have a long way to go, service-wise.

One of their pharmacists basically told me to take a hike when I complained at the store on Gessner and Airport, Houston, Tx.Wish the management would step up the service there.

proair, proventil, and ventolin are ALL THE SAME...INTERCHANGEABLE!!When your doctor signs the script, unless it says NO SUBSTITUTION, we are allowed, and sometimes required, by law to interchange the generics.

I live in Massachusetts, and we are required by state law to dispense the generic when one is available. It doesnt matter what the customer wants. The only way we can dispense the brand name drug is if 1. There is no generic available, or 2.

the doctor states NO SUBSTITUTION on the prescription.

to cvs tech Antioch, Illinois, United States #910405

Proair is not the same as ventolin.Look at the propellant.

Ventolin is the only albuterol rescue inhaler not using ethanol. Ethanol has been proven to constrict the lungs, counteracting the benefit of albuterol. Maybe next time you'll do research before assuming you know something. When you have asthma you research facts.

Both proven by medical trials. And claims made by the drug companies.

Both seem to contradictory to the real effect of albuterol and different suspensions or propellants.So next time you can't breath go inhale gasoline and tell me if it improved your lung function...

I had a good laugh when you said they committed fraud by substituting inhalers. It's perfectly logical to substitute proair for ventolin or proventil as all 3 contain albuterol and there's no major difference between them. Maybe your doctor shouldn't have signed the substitution permitted line, he/she's the one who actually caused this problem for you.

Lot of independent pharmacies takes personal care for you. They also do free deliveries.. You dont have to put up with cvs

proair proventil and ventolin are all the same

ALL chains will automatically substitute your prescriptions from Brand to generic, this is meant to save you, the patient, (also CVS and the insurance company) money.It is NOT fraud.

Now if you requested Brand, the pharmacist will be more than happy to fill for Brand Proventil. A point to keep in mind, the computer system that CVS uses always try to autosubstitute for generic everytime a patient refills a prescription, so if the pharmacist or team does not remember that you requested Brand 30 days ago, and the computer auto-changed it to generic, your prescription will be filled as generic. As the patient, please help your pharmacist serve you better, be mindful of what you pick up and pay for. An average CVS pharmacy can fill 200 scripts a day, times 30 days...that's about 6000 scripts since they last filled your first Proventil...

Do you think you would remember??Pharmacists are human too.

to aTXCVSphamacist Antioch, Illinois, United States #910411

Albuterol ahs no generics.There are significant differences between them.

Proair, Preventil and Ventolin are prescribed to different people for different reasons. Depending on your condition. Ventolin has the lowest side effect occurrences. Of those three.

There are more pure forms of albuterol inhalers than any of those but Ventolin is most likely to be prescribed for its availability.Ethanol propellants in Proair and Preventil can constrict your lungs.Ventolin had no ethanol, having lessn adverse side effects.