Cvs Pharmacy - NOTICE: "Purchases over $40 on debit cards are literally UNREFUNDABLE"
CVS has seen me spend my last $ they will ever see (as soon as the forced gift card runs out).
I returned, with receipt, a shrink-wrapped box of white strips that were $43. Apparently it is store policy that if an item is over $40, and paid for with a debit card, they will not either refund the item to your card, nor give you cash. I don't even know that this practice is legal unless you literally state "some items are unrefundable."
I have a backpack with me because I take the train to work and walk over the hill to the store. I was treated like I am trying to return stolen or counterfeit goods and obtain cash. This system is LUDICROUS and means anything over $40 that you pay for with a debit card at CVS is $ permanently spent at CVS if you change your mind. Choose carefully before you buy that summer made lounge chair there - or better yet, go get cash first!
I have NEVER seen such a refund policy at any other establishment. I told the cashier it just didn't make any sense and he kept repeating "It's store policy" in the manner of a robot who had been programmed with the special "*** personality."
Perhaps they should put signs on each item over $40 warning you that if you purchase this item, it is not eligible for a refund. It is money permanently spent at CVS.
When I then collected a few items for purchase and swiped to use the "gift card" to pay for the items, the next chashier I get then reaches out to grab the card from me and snaps "I need to see this!" as if I am using a counterfeit card. Wow, let me make sure I have my background check, credit report and utility bill with a current address next time.
It's pretty simple, if a business makes you feel like a piece of *** and you don't like their policies or customer service, why ever shop there again?
I didn't get my original receipt back either which makes me wonder if something is up with that.... (Don't worry CVS, I wasn't going to try to extort the store for anymore money back for other items.)
After I expire the "gift card" refund amount, I will never shop there again. They must conduct job fairs at trailer parks anyway - I'm sure everyone has noticed this. Enjoy the gift card CVS - those are the last $ you will see from my bank account.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Their problem solving
- Return policy - if true
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
You May Also Like
- "Well purchased mucinex fast-max night time cold & flu medicine little did i know it was recalled until i found out yesterday after we've been taking some of it. They..."
- "I ordered 4 Borojo from #dhealthsore back in October, I received 3, I called them and they said it is on back order. I have never received anything else from..."
- "I purchased with cash a hat for my wife on 8/22/15 at your St Pete Beach store. My wife did not care for it and did not use it. I..."
- " They paid $10,000 are more of expenses for my automobile which if I did not have a warranty I would had paid all out of pockets, they was their..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."