CVS has seen me spend my last $ they will ever see (as soon as the forced gift card runs out).
I returned, with receipt, a shrink-wrapped box of white strips that were $43. Apparently it is store policy that if an item is over $40, and paid for with a debit card, they will not either refund the item to your card, nor give you cash. I don't even know that this practice is legal unless you literally state "some items are unrefundable."
I have a backpack with me because I take the train to work and walk over the hill to the store. I was treated like I am trying to return stolen or counterfeit goods and obtain cash. This system is LUDICROUS and means anything over $40 that you pay for with a debit card at CVS is $ permanently spent at CVS if you change your mind. Choose carefully before you buy that summer made lounge chair there - or better yet, go get cash first!
I have NEVER seen such a refund policy at any other establishment. I told the cashier it just didn't make any sense and he kept repeating "It's store policy" in the manner of a robot who had been programmed with the special "*** personality."
Perhaps they should put signs on each item over $40 warning you that if you purchase this item, it is not eligible for a refund. It is money permanently spent at CVS.
When I then collected a few items for purchase and swiped to use the "gift card" to pay for the items, the next chashier I get then reaches out to grab the card from me and snaps "I need to see this!" as if I am using a counterfeit card. Wow, let me make sure I have my background check, credit report and utility bill with a current address next time.
It's pretty simple, if a business makes you feel like a piece of *** and you don't like their policies or customer service, why ever shop there again?
I didn't get my original receipt back either which makes me wonder if something is up with that.... (Don't worry CVS, I wasn't going to try to extort the store for anymore money back for other items.)
After I expire the "gift card" refund amount, I will never shop there again. They must conduct job fairs at trailer parks anyway - I'm sure everyone has noticed this. Enjoy the gift card CVS - those are the last $ you will see from my bank account.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Their problem solving
- Return policy - if true
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
You May Also Like
- "Yes, Clearly there is a part mistake from iHerb side, in the website below the Shipping charges, there is a fine print saying "Duties and Taxes may be collected at..."
- "Black Friday GNC advertised Fitbit One for $9.99 and Fitbit Flex for $39.99. I order immediately on fri. (6) Fitbit One's for my kids/grandkids and 2 FB Flex for myself/husband...."
- "Am a foreign visitor to ATLANTA GEORGIA , and on 11th September 2016 ,about 6.00pm to 7.00pm .I made few purchase from CVS pharmacy ,but discovered that some of it..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."