72 views

I have been using Walgreen's clinic for years because I don't pay for health insurance and only get a sinus infection about once a year. Yesterday I used the CVS clinic and pharmacy at store #5265.

After meeting with the nurse practitioner, I told her all I needed was an antibiotic and told her that I did not need Flonase as she suggested. She was well aware that I was paying out of pocket due to not having insurance and she directed me to the drop off window at the pharmacy. She said to tell them my situation and they will do a search for the cheapest prescription of Augmentin. Aside from the pharmacy seeming to be completely understaffed to address their high customer volume, I was able to share my information with the pharmacist and he told me to come back in about 20 minutes.

Once I was able to pay for my prescription, the gentleman ringing me up was clearly surprised at the price and asked if I really wanted to pay that amount which was $53. I told him that they were supposed to look for the cheapest route and I assumed that had been done. After getting home, I searched Good Rx and see that I could have paid just $10 at Sams Club as well as many other options that were all well under what I paid at CVS. Additionally, there was a CVS coupon on the same app for $25.95 for the same medication!

These prices were for 20 pills and I was only prescribed 14! Not only did I pay a lot more just for the clinic visit, but was lied to and scammed over my prescription. The pharmacist also reported to me that I should get Flonase from the shelves rather than behind the counter because it was cheaper.

Not only did I say I didn't need it, I certainly don't understand your up charging! I will never return to CVS again.

User's recommendation: Go to Walgreens or Urgent Care!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

CVS Pharmacy Cons: Untruthful, Rip off, Customer service.

Location: 13502 W 87Th Street Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215

Comments

#1973725

Sounds like you just tell medical professionals everything and complain all of the time. Go back to school and do it all yourself!

CVS Pharmacy Reviews