2.1
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

On June 5, 2016, at approximately 10:23 AM, I entered the CVS Pharmacy at 12 Dodge Street, Beverly, MA, to pick up three prescriptions that had been telephoned to the pharmacy the previous day. I was met at the counter by a woman identified as Janet, who located my prescriptions and then informed me that it was required that I sign a series of forms that appeared on an electronic screen at said counter.

I took the time to read the forms, to the consternation of other patients waiting in line, and noticed, among other things, that it required my permission for CVS Pharmacy to call me with automated telemarketing messages. In other words, it was an agreement to exempt CVS from the Federal No-Call Registry.

I told Janet I did not want to receive automated marketing calls from CVS and therefore did not want to sign. She informed me that I MUST sign or she could not give me my prescriptions. I informed her that her actions were preposterous, unethical, and probably illegal. She told me she was only the messenger and could not “exempt” me

from Pharmacy policy.

Clearly, CVS is using its authority to prescribe medication as a tool of coercion against its customers, to force them to exempt CVS from the Federal No-Call Registry. They know that at the time of prescription pickup a customer is vulnerable. The medications are often life-sustaining, the customer is reluctant to “make a scene” and inconvenience those waiting in line. The only recourse is to take his business to another pharmacy which involves red-tape and procedures he is probably not familiar with.

I believe these actions are in violation of the Pharmacist Code of Conduct. I also believe it to be a scam perpetrated against Seniors, in clear violation of the General Laws of Massachusetts, some of which have recently been passed to protect said Seniors.

In the future, if I am ordered to sign anything by a CVS clerk prior to delivery of my prescriptions, I will call the police and point out to them that the clerk and CVS are scamming a Senior Citizen.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with convience and location and stated that there is a room for improvement of scams at prescription pickup. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "scamming senior citizens" of cvs pharmacy customer care. Cvs Pharmacy needs to "order pharmacy personnel to deliver prescription(s) first, before requesting any signature from customer" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cvs pharmacy customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cvs Pharmacy. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Walgreens.

Comments