I am a Pharmacy Tech at a 24-hour CVS store in New York (not to mention it's probably one of the busiest pharmacies I have ever encountered hah).

Many of the customers I help are very kind, considerate, and reasonable people. However, a large amount of them are complete idiots. I've been reading complaints from this forum for only about 20 minutes and I'm disgusted. While some of these complaints are understandable, I doubt that most of them are 100% true.

Let me start off by saying that, we're all customers, including me. Never in my life have I taken the time out to complain about "bad" service I received at a store. Never in my life have I ever complained about my perscription taking more than 10 minutes (GASP!) or a 20 minute wait on a line. People have to realize that they're not the only customers there.

Like I've mentioned, I work at an extremely busy pharmacy. One of my shifts is during the busiest time of day (rush hour)and this is right after I come home from long day at college. The second I hit the register (NOT AT ALL THE TIME BUT IN A GENERAL SENSE) customers are whinig that the line is too long and saying "that they don't want to wait" or that we're "taking too long"...meanwhile there's about 15 people waiting at drop-off and a large number of people waiting/picking up. It's very easy for you people to sit there and moan and groan but when you're behind the counter it's very frustrating. We really do try our best to satisfy everyone but we're human beings. We can only do a certain amount of things in a certain amount of time. We're not your slaves and we're not robots. Don't *** the hand that feeds you.

Customers also complain about insurance all the time. I've been told to my face..."you people and your prescription prices are ridiculous!!!" and "why do you people always mess up my insurance" and "WHY IS THIS IS SO EXPENSIVE, YOU GUYS ALWAYS DO THIS!!!" Just to let you, the insurance problems are usually never our fault, sometimes there might be a typo here or there but most of the time it's the insurance companies or your laziness. Stop having such a hard time blaming things on yourself.

Overall, my experience at CVS has been enjoyable because I've learned new things and met new people. But I have to say that I've come home miserable because of the treatment and abuse that I get from some of you people. I've had things thrown at me. Customers snicker about me while they wait (A WHOLE 15 MINUTES...BOOOHOOOO) for their prescriptions. One bitter woman (who probably lives alone with her ten cats) complained about me because I wasn't waiting for her at the pick-up counter, reason being I was doing production. It's not like she was sitting there for 5 minutes. When I'm counting pills in the back, the minute I see a customer online, I stop what I'm doing to assist them. That's exactly what I did but it wasn't good enough for her. She then tells me that my name tag isn't showing enough and that I'm unprofessional. She tells me that she goes by first impressions (because her opinion of me is real accurate).

I'm sick and tired of being belittled and ridiculed by customers. They take things too far, it's unfair. I work my *** off day in and day out and the last thing I need is some stranger yelling at me like I'm a child or a criminal.

I just wanted to make a point here. This doesn't apply to every single customer. And yes, sometimes there are reasons to complain. But I do think that most customers should pull there heads out of the *** and stop with the whole "the customer is always right blah blah blah" because the truth of the matter is..."the customer is always an ignorant ***!"

Had an Experience with Cvs Pharmacy?

Comments

I have the same problem I work for cvs in Philly it's super busy all the time. I know where your comeing from..

Chicago, Illinois, United States #973151

YOU REALLY MUST NOT TAKE THINGS PERSONALLY

THE STORM THAT RAGES THE MOST DIES OUT SOON

SOME THING TO THINK ABOUT

AS FOR THE NIPPLE HEADS JUST SMILE AND SAY WHEN YOUR TURN IS READY WE WILL BE RIGHT WITH YOU, THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING

I WORK AT WALGREEN'S AND THAT APPROACH WORKS EVERY TIME

I work for CVS and I usually love it....but yeah some people are just miserable, I've literally been told to "f--- off" over the amount of the county's co-pays (And I don't even work in the pharmacy, I was stocking in the aisle near there)

It's a pharmacy, not a fast food chain. Do you want your prescription done right or fast?

#199503

CVS is really a --itty company- they treat their employees very badly, rarely give pay increases (1-2%), threaten employees that they will be terminated for the ignorant customer complaints.They never believe the employees version and choose to believe the often distorted customers versions.

The customers should realize that this is not 'Starbucks'.I would like for them to put up with all the *** that we have to put up with from the customers.

i don't work at a CVS, but being in customer service, i have to say nice post.

and you got it right, some of the complaints on here are worthless.

I'm only a PSA/training to be a tech. Most of my customers understand when it's super busy. But there's always that number of people that get super-upset about waiting in line/wrong insurance etc.

@ anon: Then you understand that you are ONLY one person who can only do so many things at once. I agree with the bad service equation, but when Mrs. Jones has you tied with finding ALL of her prescriptions + fixing copays/whatever else, then it can get hectic with everyone being tied up at a busy store. It gets frustrating no matter what. All we're asking is a little consideration.

I understand that people get upset waiting in a long line though. Waiting is tough for most people, and we really do feel for you! (I mean, who hasn't had to wait for something before right?) We try our best, but sometimes it's not enough for everybody. That's the world we live in.

I totally agree, the best one that I have heard is "What do you mean 15 minutes?" "ALL you have to do is put a label on it." LOL.COME ON PEOPLE WE ARE NOT SLAPPING BEANS IN A BURITTO AT TACO BELL.

Its your life on the line.

The wait is well worth it.If we just closed our eyes and spun around and slapped a label on the first thing we grabbed you would probably be sicker than what you were in the first place.

Couldn't have put it better myself.I agree, the majority of the people are decent.

The rest could have NEVER been in a situation like yours (pharmacy being the worst department imo). Otherwise, they would see things from your perspective and learn to use SOME rationality.

But that's retail for you...can't wait to finish college myself lol.

United Food and Commercial Workers Union