Munster, Indiana

I was on CVS.com to buy some things that I knew were FSA eligible.I searched for all FSA on the site and found some other things that they claimed to be FSA eligible so I ordered them and used my FSA debit card and everything went through.

I thought nothing of it since CVS is such a well known company and of couse would have their website updated from 2011. Three months later, I got a letter from UMR saying that $50 dollars of my CVS.com purchase was not eligible. I called UMR and they stated that CVS.com must not have been up to date. I called CVS to let them know my problem.

They proceeded to tell me that yes their site must have been wrong and would get back to me. I then got a follow up email from CVS saying the same thing that UMR did. Some of the items I bought were ineligible. I called CVS again and I spent over an hour on the phone and...

yet again no help or explanation. They said it was my fault and they cannot do anything. I believe they were false advertising on their website and now I am stuck with $50 left on my FSA account from last year,(I cannot buy anything as it is 2013 now!) and I have to send a $50 check in to pay for my ineligible items. I am now out a total of $100.

CVS offered to let me return the unopened items that I bought 3 months ago. That would be helpful if I had not used any of the products that I bought because I needed them.

Ohh and I have to pay for shipping as well!Thanks CVS.

Had an Experience with Cvs Pharmacy?

Comments